Armenian Women have long been adored and respected for their beauty and with the 2015 poll of 44,000 Americans where we were voted the Most Beautiful Women of the World; an emphasis on Armenian women has increased.Though we are a race of beauty, Armenians have much more to offer to the world and Armenian women have contributed a lot to the world.
The common perception of Armenian women is that they have hair that is long and dark and that they have eyes which are brownish black. However, Armenian women have an amazing array of looks and more importantly, intelligence and wit to match.
Armenia as a country is a place which has a history and culture which is very rich. Along with having gorgeous women and hospitable people, it also has delicious food and very beautiful landscapes.
As one of the very first countries to officially accept Christianity as a state religion in 301 A.D., Armenians have a very rich and varied culture.
At an average life expectancy of 77 years and an adult literacy rate of 99% (source), Armenian women are some of the most educated women in the world.
Armenian Women Characteristics
Would you like to know what an Armenian woman is really like?
Armenian women are some of the most devoted wives. They are hard-workers and intelligent. They are excellent mothers and great companions.
Another exceptional thing about Armenian Women is that they have a very feminine aspect and take pride in looking good.
Like many Americans, most young Armenian ladies especially in the cities take a lot of pride in their appearance and may even save up to a whole months earnings to buy a new dress.
Another great aspect of a modern day beautiful Armenian lady is that she has been raised to make sure that her husband and children are always cared for. They are very traditional and have strong family values. So if you are marrying one, you are not only marrying them but there whole family.
They make sure that their children are well cared for and are brought up with good values since over 90% of Armenians practice Christianity and are devout Christians.
In terms of marriage, most Armenian girls would be encouraged by their family to marry other Armenian Christians as religion is very important. But modern Armenians today are open to marriage out of religion as they want their daughter happiness before anything else
Life in the capital city is very different from most of the country and here you will find the women much more exposed to western concepts and outlook.
Armenian women, who live in Yerevan, have much more independence to express them and are much more approachable.
Armenian women across the world are proud of their rich and varied heritage. An Armenian lady may be born or live in any other part or the world but deep within, they still consider themselves Armenian.
There are 3 million Armenians across the world. A very interesting this is that there are 3 Armenians across the world for every one Armenian living in Armenia.
There are about a million in the United States, another million in Russia and about 6 million more living in other countries of the world.
Naturally, an Armenian girls who lives in the Unites States is very different in many aspects from the ones living in Russia or even Armenia but they all have a common fact – They are all Armenian Women and are proud of it.
Notable Armenian women
I have listed some of the most notable Armenian women below. It is by no means the most exhaustive list but reflects the breadth of versitality when it comes to Armenian women.
Zabel Yesayan, novelist, translator:
Silva Kaputikyan, one of the best-known Armenian writers of the 20th century:
Gohar Gasparyan, opera singer:
Hasmik Papian, soprano:
Zaruhi Postanjyan, activist, politician, member of parliament:
Nazik Avdalyan, weightlifter, World champion:
Susianna Kentikian, professional boxer, former World Flyweight Champion:
Sirusho, pop singer, Armenian representative for the Eurovision Song Contest 2008:
Famous Diaspora Armenian women
Cher, American singer
Irina Allegrova, Russian pop singer
Kim Kardashian, American reality television personality
Kim Kardashian may be one of the most famous persons of Armenian descent. Armenia was once more recently brought into the limelight at a world stage. Kim Kardashian along with her sister, Khloe and husband Kanye West and their daughter, North visited Armenia.
Kim’s father who used to practice law in the United States, Robert Kardashian, was an Armenian American of the third generation.
Stephanie, Japanese singer-songwriter
Armenian Women – The Beauty
Armenian women, are also renowned for their beauty. We have topped lists of beauty queens for a very long time.
We are blessed with hourglass figures and along with having beautiful faces, also have beautiful bodies.
Armenian Women have excellent features including beautiful eyes with shades ranging from deep brown to gren, green and blue.
Tulip Joshi who is an Armenian and now a major actor in India has a lovely face and an exceptional body. Alice Panikian wom the Miss Canada title in 2006. Gohar Harutunyan was titled Miss Armenia in 1988.
Paraphrasing Liana, Armenian women are women who are strong and confident human beings. They should be given equal rights and equal opportunities. They should not only be respected by men and women, they should respect themselves. This is very important. They should respect their wants, needs, bodies and desires. Armenian women today shouldn’t feel the need to carry any cultural cross. Just because you may be strong and independent it doesn’t mean that it will replace your Armenian culture, infact it will enhance it.
Well, now, you have had a glimpse of Armenian Women and aspects other than just her looks and I hope you plan a visit to this beautiful mountain laden country and experience our sun, hospitality and food while you admire our excellent nature.
Dating an Armenian Woman
When you want to date an Armenian girl there are a few things to keep in mind. The tips will always help you understand the different peculiarities of the culture of Armenian women and the wonderful people who are from Armenia. It will help you be more comfortable when you approach an Armenian girl. The scenarios which we will give you below assume that you would want to date a first generation Armenian women in America someone who is actually from Armenia.
A date is difficult to obtain – This is not because she does not like you it is more due to the way she is brought up and her culture. She is dedicated to her family’s wishes. Also know it may seem surprising many Armenian women are not allowed to date men from other cultures by their family. In addition to that many women under the age of 18 are also not allowed to Date.
Armenian families are very protective about their daughters. This results in the making sure that you are a right person
You are only looking for a one night stand I would suggest don’t get no and armenian women you also need to be prepared that along with the girl for family too will come if you have made a good impression on the date she will invite you home and you will have to meet her parents they will ask you all types of questions to make sure you are the right one for their Armenian daughter.
Armenian women are sometimes spoiled. You have to keep this in mind when you take them out for dinner or if you would like to buy them gift. They are used to a lot of attention and a lot of gifts. And will expect you to continue to do the same.
Another problem which you have to keep in mind is that Armenians are wary of men whose parents are divorced. Armenian fathers teach their sons model values and make sure that they adhere to religion.
Things to do and avoid when you are dating and Armenian women
If you are lucky enough to get an Armenian woman to go out on a date with you, you have to be sure not to spoil that first date. Armenian culture is pretty different from Western culture, which makes getting a date with Armenian women more difficult.
To make sure that you don’t confuse or inconvenience her, it’s always good to keep a few things in mind. It will also help create and establish an impression that you are a good guy. This will help you get that second date.
- Taboo Talks – Do not talk about anything controversial which includes things like pregnancy, periods and sex. If you talk about sex on the first date, she will think that you are forward and just want to get her in bed. She will think that you are a cheap person who only wants sex. Armenian women thinks that a date is the start of a long relationship where you get to know the person. This relationship she hopes will ultimately lead to marriage. Armenian women are beautiful but accessing their body is not as easy is it normal women. If that’s only thing on your mind when the best thing to do is to search for a girl from another nationality.
- Ex-girlfriends – Armenian women are for the most part, serious about a relationship. This means that when they are meeting you, they want to see that you are serious. When you talk about your ex-girlfriends, and especially if there were many, that shows a lack of seriousness. They will see you as a man who is not reliable and the first date will more often than not be the last one.
- Elicit compassion: Many men seem to think that using sickness is a good way to get compassion from a woman. While this may work with other woman, an Armenian woman wants a strong man. So if you are constantly sick or constantly talk about your illnesses, she may be sympathetic but will never seriously consider you to be marriage material. You are looked at s a future father of her children. She looks at you as a man who will look after her and protect her. This is very important to her. So make sure that you don’t bring up sicknesses and diseases on that first date.
What should you talk about on that first date with an Armenian Woman
- Culture: Ask her about her culture. It is very interesting and she has heard a lot about it growing up so she will love to share it with you. Her eyes will light up and her smile will be amazing. She has culture right into her bones. This is something to be passionate about. It will really open her up. It would be much better than speaking about the weather.
- Talk: Though you need to listen when she is talking, make sure that you speak well and are confident. Use well directed questions and engage her in a conversation. And if you are complimenting her, that won’t hurt too. It helps build your attractiveness.
- Prepare: This includes keeping in mind a few good restaurants where you can talk. She likes a man who is assertive. So make the suggestions for the restaurant. Also keep in mind that you order with politeness and make sure that you pay for the bill. An Armenian woman is used to being taken care of. That’s just her upbringing.
- Humor is an amazing way to impress any woman and an Armenian woman is no exception. Along with impressing, it also lightens up the mood and the stress of a first date goes way.
- Personal Achievement and Goals: Another great way to make an Armenian woman interested is to share your personal achievements and your goals for the future. An Armenian women looks to the future so any man with concrete dreams is an additional plus. Also make sure that your talks don’t come across as boasts though so add a bit of humour into it while talking about them.
5 things to keep in mind when you date an Armenian Woman
As you know Kim Kardashian is an Armenian?
Most of Americans and even Europeans don’t know much about Armenia or Armenian women. But if you keep Kim Kardashian as a benchmark of Armenian girls then you will know and accept that they are really beautiful.
When you decide to date an Armenian woman, you know and accept that she is very beautiful and may even be out of your league, but along with just the way she looks, it is good to know certain things about her. It will make it easier to develop a bond or a connection with her.
- She gets attached very easily.
Once you find mutual things to talk about and connect, dating an armenian girl is easy. If she likes you and goes on a second date with you, then it is highly possible that she is and started connecting with you. The girl gets attached very is after a few days. However that doesn’t mean that you stop behaving like a gentleman. You should always continue being respectful and giving her attention.
- Family’s wishes and decisions.
Another important aspect that you need to keep in mind is that she will respect her families opinion. That is the way an Armenian woman is brought up. Even an Armenian educated woman knows that her family is important and will always make sure to get their approval before deciding on a long term relationship.
This is important. So make sure that when you meet the family, you make an effort to be nice to them. They just want to be assured that you will take care of their daughter
Another thing about a girl from Armenia is that she will always be protected. When you meet her family, they will make sure that are the best person for their daughter, niece or cousin. All the members of the family will want to get to know you and quiz you. If you have convinced them that you are the one for their daughter then you will be happening included in future dinner family events. So make an effort to keep them happy. If you are unable to convince them that you are the one for the girl, I can assure you that that’s the end of the relationship.
Since an Armenian girl is always overprotected, she tends to behave like a princess. Now, I know many Armenian girls who will roll their eyes at this stereotype, but that’s my point exactly.
But in her heart, every Armenian girl knows that she is a princess, not just for her dad but for her whole adoring, protective family. There are two scenes where she would act like a princess:
- She is like a princess but that’s more within limit. She just wants you to be nice to her. Give her gifts, be sweet, take her out for dinner, open the car door, etc.
- She acts like a princess and she makes a BIG scene about it. She expects you to pamper her and fulfil every wish of hers. This type of an Armenian girl, unfortunately does exist, so it’s best that if this is the type you have, handle her lovingly but firmly right from the start.
- She is an amazing cook
Though there are few Armenian women who don’t know how to cook well, as rule, Armenian women are AMAZING cooks. They take an effort to make food that is delicious and that will make you want to come home for more. Armenian family dinners too are amazing with a huge variety of food. You will get to taste the girl’s cooking quite early in your relationship as you will be called to a lot of family dinners. So go with it and make the most of the situation and enjoy the food.
These are just the basic things to keep in mind while dating an Armenian woman. Keep in mind that each person is different. Just be yourself and enjoy yourself while keeping your date in mind and making sure she has a good time.
Armenian Women are voted the most beautiful in the world, but there is much more to an Armenian woman than just her beauty.
Though we love to be appreciated, we would like to be respected as individuals with other talents too.
This website is a reflection of all the aspects of Armenian women.
I feature the best of Armenians in Armenia and across the world.
To promote awareness of the achievements of Armenian Women, we are offering a scholarship of $500 to eligible students.
The topic is “Armenian Women – Not just a pretty face”
Eligibility: Undergraduate or post graduate student in an accredited educational institution
How to Submit your Application
Register with us on scholarship (@) armenianwomen.org with Scholarship as the subject line.
Write a Thesis of 1,000+ words and submit to us via a word .doc file with the details listed below.
- Personal Details (First & Last Name, Phone, and Address).
- School Name.
- Area of Study.
- Any document which can proof that you are a Student.
By submitting your article, you give us the right over the content in the thesis.
All decisions of the assessors are final.
The final date for submission is November 30th, 2017 and we will choose the winner by December 15th, 2017 and the check will be mailed by December 20th, 2017.
The $500 check will be drawn on your name but will sent directly to your college.
This is an annual scholarship program.